The hill of Capodimonte, before the setting of the eighteenth century was characterized by numerous rural settlements, from monasteries and small natural areas. In 1734 Charles III of Bourbon, King of Naples just fascinated by the scenic beauty of the hill of Capodimonte, wanted to build a museum to gather its collections Farnese and a park to satisfy his passion for hunting, so was born 'the Royal Site Capodimonte. "The boundaries that were outlined at that time were kept virtually unchanged. In the most 'high around the site stands the Royal Palace, now used as a museum. Construction began in 1734 with the aim of preparing The collection of paintings el 'armory, dowry of the Farnese. The Church of San Gennaro was built in 1745 and served as a parish for the residents of the park. In front of the church is planning a building that from 1743 to 1759 it housed the Royal Porcelain Factory. After Miano from the entrance door is accessed in the Real Bosco di Capodimonte where is located the "Casino Queen", one of the most complex of the compendium, it was a small pavilion dedicated to the real for the shelter while hunting. In the foothills of Woods and into the valley of San Rocco stands the monastery of the Capuchins, the complex surrounded by walls, neo-Gothic style and built for 'of Ferdinand IV. Along the path of the central avenue meet some new buildings: the Royal Vaccheria "ie a real farm, the "Casino di San Gennaro" where the ground floor housed the "bird cage" where there were exotic species of pheasants. The decree of laying the foundation stone of the building dates back to 1734. On that date also began Work on the installation of the Wood, which was based primarily sull'impianto a type of vegetation suitable for shelter and restocking of wild game and the choice of shrubs whose fruits were particularly attractive to the game. Some areas were left to cultivate with adnexa rural settlements, others were reforested using mainly Mediterranean species. In 1738 Charles III commissioned 'the architect Ferdinando Sanfelice to "organize" the territory, this track' grafted on five avenues radiating from a common semi-circle and became a part of park in the French garden, other areas remained as hunting areas and the farms continued to maintain their productive role throughout the eighteenth century. After they started the small changes that led to a total reorganization of the forest which lost its initial product orientation and became a garden of landscape character. These changes will inspire both the garden built in 1782 in an area adjacent to the Royal Palace of Caserta, where they were introduced several exotic species, and the numerous private gardens have flourished in that time. The turning point in rearranging the Royal Site of Capodimonte was precisely with the establishment of the Botanical Garden of Naples, among the many roles assumed also that the planning tool of the site and where they decided "strategies vegetable settlements recorded. At the end of last century were also introduced a large amount of palm trees. In 1928 the site was sold to Real State property, in 1950 it acquired the "status" of the Park and was opened to the public.